Monday 25 August 2008

sneak preview...

here's a sneak preview of one of the craft projects...



Created for the 2008 E17 Art Trail by artist Deborah Daniel this little beauty was inspired by Victorian anatomical drawings and black humour.
This limited edition of 50 "anatomical heart pin cushion" has been screen printed onto 100% recycled felt.
Available as a D.I.Y. craft pack this project comes ready for you to make on the night: stuffing,thread,pins and needles included! Image shown is of a completed project.


" I wanted to offer something with a bit of a sense of humour to it.Something that would bring a smile to your face but be quite dark too but not that much...just a little bit,enough to make you feel a tad bit naughty!
I have and I'm sure we all had our hearts broken at some time.Then there comes that feeling.That uncomfortable pain.It's hard to describe but I'm sure that most people will know what I mean when I say that: I felt pins and needles stabbed into my heart when that certain someone didn't return my sentiments of LOVE!
This is why I created the heart pin cushion...it's harmless payback!
And for those that little bit more evil... it's suitable for voodoo too! So when you're sewing away and need a place to put your sewing accoutrements you can imagine you're using that unrequited lovers heart.
Smile,because as every pin goes in you can imagine him or her wriggling with love pangs (or a mild stroke) wishing they hadn't let you go!"

No comments: