Friday 12 April 2013

Friday's Craft Crush!

It's been one of those crushes that's been slowly simmering away!



I first came across Rosita Bonita about a year ago and it was love at first sight. I was quite taken and to be honest... I'm not easily smitten by anything! BUT that's another story...
I have a weak spot for jewellery, even though I don't wear masses of the stuff, I do have a "capsule collection" of pieces which I tend to wear all the time.

 
Rosita Bonita stands out on it's own with a healthy pinch of "quirky" but manages to look glamorous and classical without losing it's fun and playful side!
Rosita's pieces are made using screen printed and embossed leather plus a whole host of experimental processes based on illustrations created especially for the label's collections.




From Hollywood glamour, synchronised swimming mermaid performances, side shows to Mexican Folk Art inspired pieces... I'm sure you'll find something that will make your heart skip a beat!




For further info please visit: www.rositabonita.com


*Rosita Bonita reminds us of driving on long dusty roads in a 1940's black Ford Delux Opera Coupe with a beautiful blue eyed Russian circus contortionist named Ivan. We hit the road and The Side Show frames itself perfectly in the rear view mirror as we drive away, the twinkling lights fade in the background as Tom Waits sings on the car radio. And we're gone. As easy as that we leave. We're heading out to Hollywood to become stars of the silver screen and not even the strong man, Zippo  and his clowns can stop us!*





No comments: