Tuesday 5 April 2011

A Right Royal hoohah...with bunting!





OK ,OK so I'm being sucked in to all this Will & Kate royal wedding hoo-hah... which is a bit scary as I am not a Monarchist at all!
I guess it's the whole "Street Party", "Charles & Di',"Queen's Jubilee" vibe which is so attractive. Everybody loves a party and more so when it's associated with childhood and "better times".
And though every bone in my body says "NOOOOOOO, it's all a plan to get the masses to take their eyes off the ball so the Torries can get their evil way"!
I've decided to let go of those sentiments and just look at it in a simplistic way: MAKE BUNTING, PRETTY PRETTY, BUNTING!!!
I'm also a sucker for coloured paper flags so here you go...a mini printing workshop which you can just drop in,sit and print. It's £3 per person and we'll be making some Union Jack,Wills & Kate themed banners. Expect some safety pins as I don't want to loose all my street cred... that's why I'm calling it Punk Rock Bunting as it's a homage to the Sex Pistols and their "God Save the Queen" artwork.

Thursday 14th of April
From 8pm
Free entry
£3 per person

Ye Old Rose & Crown Pub
53-55 Hoes St.
Walthamstow E17

TUBE: Victoria Line Walthamstow Central
Rail: From Liverpool Street Station towards Chingford
Buses: 48,55,230,123,W15,69,ETC

1 comment:

Marthaamay O_o said...

I can't wait. For some reason I had this written in my diary as on the 18th!! Good job you posted a second time around otherwise I'd be rocking royally on the wrong date!