Wednesday 17 July 2013

Sewing World!

I received my first copy of the new look Sewing Magazine this week and I have to say that I am suitably impressed! It's great to see how far the UK craft magazine scene has come!
Before we had lots of US publications flooding our magazine market but now there are quite a few national publications which can give any of them a good run for their money.



Sewing World is one of those... packed to the brim with great looking projects plus it has something I particularly love... pull out patterns! Yes, paper patterns which are ready to use so it makes making even easier!
Also there's lots of interesting features like the one below where readers send in their handywork which is fantastic as it makes people feel part of the whole magazine experience...



It's a pretty, friendly, easy to read mag and has tons of easy to follow sewing projects so all in all it's a big thumbs up from us though the only downside for me is the price.
Many craft based magazines tend to go on the £4.95 price point and with so many to choose from after a while it starts to add up... if you're anything like me it can get super expensive as I want to buy more then one publication a month.
If it sold for £3.95 -even though it's only a £1 less then other magazines- it would definitely make a difference not just in the pocket but subconsciously too as I would feel I was getting a better deal. Anyway that's just my "on a tight budget" opinion!


However I will still go out and buy it...
It is a really good magazine so... it's a 9 out of a possible crafty 10 for this publication!



No comments: