Thursday 14 October 2010

a few of our favourite things...

Initially when Craft Guerrilla were invited to participate at the Knitting & Stitching shows I had excepted with some what of a preconception that it was a "stuffy", middle class, middle aged event and not for people like us. Let's say that it's far from that! What the Knitting and Stitching shows provide is not just a chance for retailers - though I could have done some serious shopping - but also an opportunity to learn as the amount of workshops on offer was vast and varied. If I were not there in a "work" capacity I would have happily visited on all four days as the one would never be enough. There is just so much to see! We were kept quite busy at our craft table but it was very far from quiet or stuffy as hoards of teenage girls and young children sat and made at our Craft Guerrilla table. Gigantic hair bows in bright Kaffe Fassett fabrics and cut out/reverse applique were the firm favourites!
The feedback we've received and the actual experience it's brought to us is both life changing and inspirational. I'm very proud of Craft Guerrilla and every single person involved with this collective. I had never envisaged when I first started that working with people like Twisted Thread and our many fabulous designers would be possible. Thank you all that made it so awesome!

Finally here are a few of my favourite things...

a piece by Hannah Withington


Budgie's by Forgotten Stitches

Fleur Oakes Victorian inspired embroidered pieces and jewellery


a cute vintage case with lots of lush wool!


Knitted furniture...


Winning piece by Deryn Relph


gorgeous hats from Deirdre Hawken almost edible!


D. Hawken


a King of Pop cushion...I'm so sorry but I lost designer maker details!


A lovely and happy lady that made an upcycled t shirt yarn necklace at one of our work shops!


This is one of my top favourites. Powerful yet beautiful. Paddy Hartley we salute you!


Paper cuts by Kuin Heuff


The lovely Barley and students at the Fabrications table...


Chiaka Morita...more great use of paper! Looks like delicate lace...


A fine selection from Beyond Fabrics.

1 comment:

forgotten stitches said...

I wish I had a tape recorder at The Knitting & Stitching Show. the amount of fellows who came up and talked to the budgies was unbelievable. One woman even wanted to call Animal Welfare...

precious times